My blog has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://chaintrap.net and update your bookmarks.

Chain Trap - The Musings of a Survivalist Hunter: Who am I?

10/01/2007

Who am I?

So, I decided to start a blog about WoW. To add my voice to the million other bloggers posting random, strident, sometimes profound thoughts and opinions on the world's biggest MMO. Whether or not my ramblings represent good value remains to be seen, butI recognise the voyeuristic pleasure I gain from reading others blogs, and perhaps I can contribute positively to the WoW blogosphere. Anyway, I think that the best way to begin is to introduce myself, both in and out of game. In game I am mostly Psia, in so much as she is my main. I have a number of other toons, but she's my first, and the one with which I have the closest bond. She is also the one around whom this blog will focus. Night Elf, hunter, and technology fangirl; she travels Azeroth and Outland armed with her animal companions, shooting things and stealing their stuff. As indicated by the title of this blog, she's a survivalist, and has been for almost all of her career. The survival branch of the hunter talent tree is an oft overlooked, but reasonably versatile, set of talents. They provide for improved traps, extra *gasp* survivability, and the enormously funky Expose Weakness mob debuff. Despite dalliances with Marksmanship, and a very brief stint as Beastmastery, Survival suits my play style and Psia's idiom, and is always the talent tree to which she returns. Out of game, I am John S. I am thirty some, work full time, am married, with a lack of kids as yet. My wife, gorgeous as she is, is a non-gamer (with the exception of the odd bit of Civ 2). As such she doesn't understand the attraction of WoW, feeling it a little immature. Consequently, I have had to haggle for my play time, and have an agreement with her that I play for one evening a week without interuption, and any other play time is subject to distraction, negotiation and completed chores. This makes me casual, in the extreme, and whilst I get a fair amount of unscheduled play time, I tend to end up organising guild runs to make sure my one night a week is used to its maximum. My guild, the Shattered Ravens, is an absolute joy. Formed with the intention of providing a social network of friends with whom to adventure; everyone in the guild knows at least one other guild member in real life. This allows us to avoid the majority of drama that comes from the anonymity afforded by online existence, and yet gives us the numbers to attempt the mid range content (we've recently started regular Guild only Kara runs, and occasionally can muster a 20 person raid to go experience old content in Azeroth). As a guild, we often meet up for beer and frothing about Warcraft. Anyway, that is the introdution over with... on with the content.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home